Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ten Days And Counting... (Week 15)

Another week is in the books... Plenty of events and milestones both on and off the running trail were successfully achieved.

Saturday helped mark the end to the week with friends and much merriment. The Glick/Gast house hosted the final tailgate of the year and UW Football team actually won (they stunk this year... but the games were fun!)

Sunday Mo and I set out for Indain Lake and a goal of keeping me on my feet from ~9:30am-3:00pm. Note Indian Lake is the route that there is some unknown in exact mileage (see Week 9) but as I've been taught through this whole thing, it's not as much about mileage as the fact we went 5.5 hours, and six loops of the trail (2 more than we've ever done before.) It should also be noted it is now deer season, so a new addition to the running gear was a bright orange hat provided by Gar. Gun shots off in the distance are quite the distraction from you feet and legs hurting!

Try as she might, I have not taken Mo's lead to trip on the trail. Since this was the last run on the trails before the "big event" Mo took one last digger to show me proper tripping/landing form. But I really don't think she was into it, while she did have an audience of two other strangers, she was upright in short order, and barely scratched her knee, so not even picture worthy.

No comments: