Monday, September 1, 2008

Week 3: First 10K


Did my first 10K, seemed fitting the race was the Sauk Prairie Cow Chip Classic (http://www.wiscowchip.com/classicrun.htm)
Wes and Renee joined me and Mo for the my first 10K. Although for Wes it was just a "fun run" for next week's IronMan (maybe next year... ah no...)
Had a good run until the last mile and then it was all about just not puking my guts out :) Mo encouraged me on and we did make it across the finish with no ambulence... And made it just in time for kick off of the first Badger football game.
The rest of the days events are a blur, well, not really but let's just say it was little to do with running and it encouraged me to take a day of rest on Sunday.
Less than 96 days to go....

1 comment:

JanandCindy said...

Can't believe you chose a cowchip throwing race to develop your "street cred". Am glad you did not "puke your guts" out the last mile--that would be a waste of good beer. Hey, did you check the bottom of your shoes after the race? Smell ya later Kate.